Re: FC3 slow booting

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 18:58 +0100, arnuld wrote:

> actually 2 services in the boot-process:
>
> 1.) starting: udev
> 2.) starting: storage network audio done
>
> take VERY-LONG TIME. other services are fine in
> comparable to FC2 boot-up time-consuming process.

The device handling for storage, etc.  i.e. Finding your hardware, and
interfacing it to the operating system, such as your hard drives, and so
on.

Yes, it is quite slow.  The good news is that Fedora Core 4 is a lot
quicker than 3 is, with completing bootup.  So I guess someone optimised
things quite a bit.

My system's even lesser than yours, 500 MHz Celeron, 190 megs of RAM,
and on-board i810 video, so I know what you went through.

I read messages from the public lists.