FC3 slow booting

Hi there,
          i was using FC2 before. I have a very slow
machine (Celeron 600 on SiS630 with 256MBs of RAM) so
In FC2 i stopped some services, like sendmail,
iptables(my modem does not work under linux so i do
not use it for internet), isdn, ntfs, network etc. as
they are not needed for a single, no-internet PC. With
these servies stopped FC2 took 1/2 of the booting
time.

now i have a fresh installation of FC3 and it takes
VERY-LONG time to boot as compared to FC2. Even after
i have stopped the same services (same as FC2 which i
do not need), it still takes VERY LONG time to boot.

actually 2 services in the boot-process:

1.) starting: udev
2.) starting: storage network audio done

take VERY-LONG TIME. other services are fine in
comparable to FC2 boot-up time-consuming process. In
fact these 2 services were NOT PRESENT on FC2. they
only appear in FC3 ( and they are frustrating
services).

NOW can anybody tell me PLEASE

-- what are the functions of these 2 services and
-- how can i remove them (if and only if they are not
useful)

thanks

Send a rakhi to your brother, buy gifts and win attractive prizes. Log on to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/rakhi/index.html