grub.conf emptied, and now i get kernel panic?

Somehow my grub.conf is emptied. But, what I did is put it back in the best I could from what someone else posted.

title fc3
  root (hd0,2)
  kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=LABLE=/dev/hda2 rhgb quiet
  initrd  /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img

Now when it boots I get a kernel panic and errors abotu mounting...
here is the list of errors

Creating root device
mkrootdev /dev/hda2 not found
mounting root file system
mount error 2 mounting ext3
mount error 2 mounting none
switching to new root
switchroot mount failed: 22
umount /initrd/dev failed 2
kernel panic - syncing failed
waiting to kill init

i used the rescue mode, and all the data is still there. I also tried with different options for the kernel, but, it keeps giving me a kernel panic, i did manage to get less mounting errors.

martin seidl
Asus m5np
768mb ram
dvd/cd-rw