Re: Linux notebooks by Hewlett-Packard

Andrew Jordan wrote:
As I am in the market for a new notebook, I was looking at the HP site
on the weekend and there were no linux ones then.

We have a couple of people using Linux on HP notebooks but I haven't
had a chance to talk to them yet.

Yes, not on their website yet.
I'm trying to choose between Inspiron 6000 and HP ze2000z for a gift.
ze2000z has:
    AMD Sempron(TM) 2800+ (1.6GHz/256KB L2 Cache)
    and ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M

6000 has:
    Intel® Celeron® M Processor 350 (1.30 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
    Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics

I think ze2000z processor is better, but i heard bad things about ATI
RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M on 64-bit laptops: like no 3D. Is it good on
32-bit ones?

Thanks.

I'm a little late coming to this thread and it might already have been
mentioned, but I'd have no hesitation in recommending a Tadpole Talin
laptop.  I've been using mine solidly for the last 18 months with no major
problems (currently FC4 [but, prior to that, FC3, FC2 and FC.])  It came
pre-loaded with Sun's Java Desktop thingummy, which was okay...  Tadpole
also do a smaller laptop which can be bought in a dual-boot configuration
with XP also pre-loaded - this is quite a departure for a company who have
traditionally been quite anti-windoze.  Their website is at
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com

Regards,

Andrew (no financial interest in Tadpole, other than being a satisfied
customer!)

=====
Dapcourt Ltd., Oracle Applications Consultancy
http://www.apps-experts.com

Also, i don't support SJDS supports suspend-to-memory (ACPI) on Linux, but perhaps does it? That article mentioned that HP wants that to become standard in their yet non-existing Linux laptops.