Re: RPM error: librpm-4.3.so

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:18:27AM -0400, Mjumbe Poe wrote:
> Alright, thanks.  I was able to get it working after I copied
> librpmdb4.3.so into /usr/lib using rpm2cpio and cpio.
>
> - Mjumbe
>
> On 8/24/05, Mjumbe Poe <mjumbewu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > What did you use to upgrade? anaconda/yum/apt?
> >
> > I used the ISO images from online.

> > > What wasn't working?
> >
> > In general, many of the atrpm package would be listed as causing
> > dependency problems when I tried to update my machine.  This is, in
> > fact, why I eventually upgraded from the ISOs instead of with yum.

did you include the ATrpms repo of FC4? ATrpms is designed to provide
smooth upgrade paths (that's what the disttags are for). But you need
to point to the new repo.

> > > Sounds like you didn't update all components of rpm to 4.4.x
> > >
> > > What does
> > >
> > > # strings `which rpm`|grep librpm-4
> > >

> > I get:
> >
> > # strings `which rpm` | grep librpm-4
> > librpm-4.4.so
> > #
> >
> > Strangely enough, I didn't have to use --nodeps with librpm4.3 when
> > uninstalling.

Yes, and I don't see any reason for the rpm binary to reference
librpmdb-4.3.so. Very strange.

Well, at least everything is working now.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net