Re: Middle Click with Firefox

Jonathan Berry wrote:
> I recently noticed in the Windows version of Firefox, I can middle
> click on a tab and Firefox will close that tab.

Go to about:config (you type that in the Location bar = Address bar),
and set middlemouse.contentLoadURL to false.

(I've certainly got this working the way I want, and I *think* that was
the setting...)

> I've also noticed that sometimes
> middle clicking on a page (not on a link) will take me to seemingly
> random pages.  Some tests just now reveal that the page it goes to
> seems to have something to do with what word was highlighted, like the
> auto copy/paste with the middle button feature.

This is the standard X select and paste mechanism: you can highlight
something with the left mouse button, and paste it elsewhere with the
centre button. Very useful once you've got the hang of it, although it's
rather annoying when you want to paste over something in the address
bar: you highlight the old address, delete it -- and then realise you've
just highlighted the old address, so you've lost what you wanted to
paste!

This, I suppose, is why "middle-click = load this URL" is useful...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Fang:      You are hereby charged that you did on
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |            diverse dates commit heresy against the