Re: blacklisting by SORBS

James Wilkinson wrote:
Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:

The only ones gaining advantage from us using our ISP's SMTP relay host
are the famous three letter agencies making it easier or even possible
for them to monitor out outgoing e-mail.

I don't know about the legal side, but from a technical side:

It is simple to monitor all traffic going through a router. It is quite
possible to pick out all traffic that goes to port 25, or has an initial
response that looks like an SMTP banner.

The only way be certain that no-one is reading your e-mail (apart from
the intended recipients) is to use known-to-be-secure cryptography.

At the moment, all we have is thought-to-be-secure cryptography (notably
GPG)[1]. But we don't know what the NSA, GCHQ and other government
cryptanalysts can do.

[snip]

By this reasoning, even a one-time-pad is insecure. Nothing is secure.
We don't know that the NSA hasn't got someone who can read your mind,
for example.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.