Re: vncserver && gdm extension && FC4 issue

Samuel Díaz García wrote:
I'm having got a little problem with vncserver under FC4.

I can use VNC with vncserver startup script, with my /etc/sysconfig/vncservers setting without problems (only that I can authentificate, only as an user).

I modify my xorg.conf file to load the "vnc" module and put the options on it, to allow password and then login into the system, but the problem is I need to run "gdm-stop" under ssh conection (or terminal any type of terminal) to allow gdm get the config.

The question are:
1) Using "vncserver" && /etc/syscocnfig/vncservers ... how can I force the "login screen"? 2) Using the "vnc extension" (configured as I can see in http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/x0.html), what step I need to allow direct conections to the server without force "gdm-stop" command?

Any ideas?

The system is FC4 without extras and nothing more.

Thanks

Have you tried doing 'Desktop', 'Preferences','Remote Desktop'?

It might suit your needs.

StarQuake

--
for some how-to's and rpms visit my site    : http://solid.bounceme.net