Re: rpm being treated as [audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin]

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 16:54 +0200, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Vikram Goyal wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am using fc4. There's this peculiar problem that firefox and wget
> >> treat rpm files as [audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin].
> >>
> >> Well, I searched /etc/mime.types but found entry for this as hashed.
> >>
> >> So, where else should i look to correct this setting.
> >

> > The problem is on the server that you are getting the .rpm files from,
> > not your browser. I don't think there's much you can do about it if the
> > server's not under your control, unless you configure your browser/wget
> > to treat this MIME type the way you want it to treat RPMs.
>
> I think you're wrong. The reason is the helix realplayer plugin.
>
> Look at about:plugins and see if it exists there.

I don't use that myself but it's quite possible that it would register a
MIME type for use when browsing local files. However, it shouldn't have
any effect on browsing mirrors using HTTP because web servers provide
their own MIME type.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>