Re: Dell usb memory stick

> >> Is your primary drive a SCSI or SATA?  That's probably the case...  If
> >> so, have you tried the next:
> >>
> >> mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /media/usb
> >>
> >> Unless, of course, you have a secondary HDD installed...
> > I agree with your analysis. /dev/sdb1 would be the device to try. And
> > the fact that sda is a disk drive screws things up a little. But I am
> > still concerned that it does not automount. Sounds like udev ,
> > fstab-sync and maybe hal needs to be talked to harshly.
> > --
>
> I'm not surprised it doesn't automount. The only entry I have in
> /etc/auto.misc is this:
>
> cd              -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom

Ok, the above line is the only commented line in /etc/auto.misc
but my memory stick automounts. The reason it does is the line in the
/etc/fstab
/dev/sda1               /media/usbdisk          vfat pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0 0
--
Now that line is managed by the fstab-sync system. Clearly your line
could not be referring to /dev/sda1.

I would assume that you need to edit the fstab-sync files
and choose another device e.g /dev/sdb1 on which to
mount the stick. Unfortunately I can't quickly find the file that
needs editing but a line like the one above needs to show up in your
fstab file. Maybe someone can come up with the needed changes that need
to be made.

Nothing makes one so vain as being told that one is a sinner.
Conscience makes egotists of us all.
		-- Oscar Wilde
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science