Moving FC4 to a new, larger disk

Hi
I read the FAQs and old postings but found them somewhat dated, or
maybe I am not getting it yet.

I want to move my system to a new larger disk and I do not want to
start over from Install.

So, the solution would be to
1. Create the partitions in the new disk (boot, /, swap)
2. Copy the partitions contents  to the new disk (except swap, of course)
3. Mumbo Jumbo grub.conf to the right settings once I upgrade the new
disk from slave up to master.

My problem is that I put LVM on the old disk in order to take
advantage of easy disk handling, and now I find out the LVM tool kind
of wanting. It will not even see my new disk until I partition and
format it!

I liked disk druid from the installation in Anaconda, but have not
been able to call it up (Is it possible?).

Likewise, I keep /home and /var in different partitions because I do
not want to lose them if form some reason I have to reinstall linux
(this is my home machine, no big deal).

Could somebody point me out to a good guide? And, no, the LVM Howto is
not it. I get a little more confused each time I read it.

thanks

--
 /\_/\
 |O O|  pepebuho@xxxxxxxxxxx