Re: FC1 and 2.2.26 kernel

At 2:10 AM -0700 8/12/05, K Aruran wrote:
>Hai all,
>
>Nobody seems to be caring about my problem regarding kernel compilation..
>Does anybody have compiled kernel 2.2.26 on a FC1 (2.4.22).
>Please can you help me with the steps I have to follow. Espceially
>configuring the gcc and other stuff

Along with the editorializing, Rick Stevens reply had some good advice.  I
understand that you need the old kernel in order to test a driver in
various kernel versions.

You will need the gcc that the kernel was intended to build with, or you
will need to patch the kernel sources to work with a new gcc.  Rick Stevens
says you will need gcc 2.96.  You might be able to use the FC2 compat-gcc
package, which you can find on the Fedora site at
<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/SRPMS/> .  Also
follow the rest of Rick's instructions.