Re: Gott in Himmel! Firefox speaks German!

Shelagh Manton wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:18:40 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Shelagh Manton wrote:

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:32:25 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Shelagh Manton wrote:

Umm.. Yes that is my problem, Firefox is apeaking german to me and the
only german I know is off Hogan's Heroes. (And what I've picked up from
working out what the labels do) What file do I have to change to get
back to normal english? Or maybe there is cause to be worried since
I've no idea how this happened.

Shelagh

Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Languages/Content

Mike

Thanks for (all your prompt replies) However, I actually have changed
the language settings and nothing changes.

bearbeiten -> einstelungen -> allgemein -> sprachen

Not the path I gave you. What you did was

Edit->Preferences->General->Languages

This is a different path.

Mike

You have a better understanding of German than I do. However, I did the

Can't say. I dunno what level of understanding you have. I have
more than can be learned from Hogan's Heroes. Too bad about
Bob Crane, huh? You know, Werner Kemplerer (Col. Klink) was
a german Jew and spent time in a concentration camp
http://www.elsentidodelavida.net/node/82, and Johann Banner
(Sgt. Schultz) was an austrian jew and also spent time
in a concentration camp? http://www.nndb.com/people/181/000032085/

drastic thing and got rid of .mozilla and got back English.

I'm glad you're cookin' with gas, now!

I looked to see how it might be done, and when I do
edit-> preferences -> I get a list of general, privacy, web-features, downloads, & advanced.

I explored the settings dialogues to see if I could find anything to do
with language settings. None of them have appearence. I updated to ff 1.06
yesterday in the hopes of magically changing things, maybe this is why our
settings page is different?

Very likely. I don't seem to be able to find out the version I'm
running! The Help->About only takes me to the website. But I installed
back in October from FC2, so I'm sure it's not the latest.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.