Re: locale-archive ?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 06:39:59PM +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> No offence Jakub, but 50M IS huge to a lot of people including me.

locale-archive is about the size of all your installed locales (if they are
hardlinked together when identical).  If you run Linux from a floppy, you
certainly don't have 350 different locales installed, either you have none
and always use the C locale (then you of course don't need the
locale-archive), or you have just a few locales installed and in that case
locale-archive will be as big as the installed locales.

> But back to the original post, which program(s) actually use
> setlocale/newlocale?

I guess at least 75% of all programs in the distro.

	Jakub