Re: Video experience for Windows Media (Player 10) etc..

Hi,

Em Ter, 2005-08-09 às 15:55 -0300, Ted Gervais escreveu:
> Was wondering if there is anything that will take the place of the
> 'Windows Media Player'  which wants to be used when trying to view videos
> while in www.cnn.com .
>
> I occasionally like to look at the various video clips that come with the news
> website and it asks me to 'GET PLAYER' when I click on these videos.
>
> Am I out of luck when trying to view these news videos when I am running
> Linux?  Or is there a way around this obstacle??

You could install mplayer + mplayer plugin for mozilla/firefox or the
plugin along with any other player based on mplayer, like kmediaplayer.
Personally, I prefer kaffeine+kaffeine plugin, because I like better to
watch the clip on a separate, redimensionable window rather than
embedded in the web page. Such sites often offer clips in real player
format, which is available for Linux as well.

[]'s
Marcelo