Re: installing modem in core4

At 1:02 PM +0500 8/9/05, Khursand Yasar Jamil (kyjamil) wrote:
>hi to all;
>
>I have installed the Fedora core 4 in my pc (P4 2.4 HT, 865GBF). Now i m
>having a following problems:
>
>1. My other OS(Windows XP) now giving error that it has missing hal.dll
>file so could not be loaded.

When I got this wretched confusing error message it meant that the process
of partitioning my drive to install Linux led MSWindows to assign a
different partition "name" (number) for booting.  My C: volume was on a
Basic partition, my WinXP E: volume (and D: FWIW) was on an Extended
partition, and my Linux installation added a /boot and LVM basic
partitions.  MSWindows counts all the Basic partitions, and then counts the
Extended partitions, so the number for my E: volume needed to be increased
by 2.  I fixed it by using umm, some utility for fixing boot stuff in the
MS rescue stuff.