Re: codec 'dfs'

Hi

If I recall correctly, you will need a decoder for dts.  I for instance have a
dolby suround decoder, which is connected to my soundcard's digital out.  The
connection is made with a 30€ coaxial cable.  And, in order for this to work,
you must choose the option "pass thru" in xine's (or mplayer, or ....) audio
config. Even then, you'll beter of if you choose the THX sound instead of the
dts version (dvd language menu).

So, unless you have all that equipment, I suggest you configure your player to
output stereo sound, and to select the normal version of the film.

HTH

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to [silence]

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/