Re: Fedora Core 4 on the HP Pavilion dv1340us

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 09:18 -0700, Jason Riker wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I recently bought the Pavilion dv1340us.  It's a pretty packed laptop,
> but alas, doesn't seem to want to play well with Linux.  The problems
> I'm having are 1) on-board nics do not work, 2) USB ports do not work,
> 3) video only works with VESA driver, and 4) touchpad has strange
> mouse-gesture like actions.

For the NIC we need to know the particular interface type.  It obviously
is not one of the many standard chipsets that is supported in FC4.
Same for the USB and video.

Send the output of "lspci -v" as it gives a lot of information about all
devices and may be enough to identify what is installed and the drivers
needed.

You also might send the output of lsmod so we can see all the modules
currently loaded