Re: Newbie:gpdf-2.8.2-4.1 corrupts text output under FC4 2.6.12. xpdf-3.00-19 displays ok

gpdf in FC4 ? I think that's been replaced by Evince,
which does a truly great job of display PDF files (and
PS). I'd go for Evince instead.
If you haven't got it installed (look under
"Applications->Graphics->Evince ..") do:
$ yum install evince

Øyvind.

Thanks for that

I "yummed" Evince and it works well

I saw in the release notes Evince is highlighted as
the new document reader - but of course I did not read
the documentation.

What bugs me, and maybe its because I did an upgrade
from Fedora2 rather than from FC3 is all these "lost"
or "out-of-date" applications on (or missing from) the
Gnome menus - so I don't know what is on the machine -
but just invisible to me.

Is this a poor upgrade packaging process or a result
of the route I took to get to FC4?

Also FC4 wiped out the entries in Grub for FC2. So if
FC4 had not been able to boot after upgrade I would
not have had the skills to edit grub.conf to revert to
FC2 to get a workable system.

Clive