Re: ALPS touchpad laptop resume defunc

On 8/6/05, Peter Magnusson <iocc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just installed FC4 on my laptop. When I resume from apm -s the mousepointer
> doesnt move anymore, both in X and console. Does anyone know what I can do
> about it? Dell Latitude CPx laptop. It worked fine in 2.4. acpi gives even
> more problem than apm so I use apm. I used apm before also.
>
> input: DualPoint Stick on isa0060/serio1
> input: AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad on isa0060/serio1
>
> Is what I got it says. I dont find anything about this issue in the
> readme of synaptics-0.13.5. It seems to be a such touchpad.

Hi Peter,

You could try this command as root to basically reset the touchpad:
echo -n "reconnect" > /sys/bus/serio/devices/serio1/drvctl

I don't know if it will fix your problem, but it is worth a shot.  My
laptop doesn't initially recognize my touchpad until after I issue a
similar command (mine is on serio3).

Jonathan