Re: Grub Problem (?) Installing FC4 dual boot with Win2K

Bill Bernauer wrote:

Jeff Vian wrote:

1) Check the drives jumper settings and if these drives are on a cable-select cable I suggest they both be jumpered for cable-select.

Both drives are set for CS.

  c. verify the content of /boot/grub/device.map
and /boot/grub/grub.conf
Both say what they should say, unless I'm missing something.

  d. run "grub-install /dev/hda"
When I attempt to do this, I get the message "/dev/hdb1 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive"

I'm lost on this one, since the bios definately sees both drives. So does win 2k. Can anybody give me a clue?

Bill

Since you are running cable select, what does changing the cable from the one drive to the other drive give you? Does this change your drive order to satisfy grub? I prefer jumper selections over cable select myself.

system -- CPU board
Slave -- drive hdb
Master -- Drive hda
system -- CPU board
slave -- drive hda
master -- drive hdb

Jim

--
I'll listen to reason when it comes out on CD.