Re: US Federal Government to require MSIE for copyright preregistration

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Mike McCarty wrote:

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 09:33 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Erm, I believe it was in the EU that Microsoft got convicted, not
in the USA.

They were convicted in the USA _first_ then in the _EU_ as well.

Define convicted. They agreed to pay a fine without admitting any
wrong doing. At most, it would be a tort, anyway, not a conviction.

Violations of the sherman antitrust act (things like price fixing and market allocation) can be crimnally prosecuted (by the justice dept, the ftc an bring civil action).

Of course they can. What I heard about was the lawsuit. The news reports
are often somewhat vague... I got the impression that a lawsuit
prevailed.

Well, live and learn. Not the first time I've been wrong...

So I guess they were convicted. (Sorry, I cut the uk website, and
can't paste it back.)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.