Re: Our (US) $s at work.

Jeff Vian wrote:
On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 23:54 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

On 8/1/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[hope that is enough for attributions]

And the answer to the OP's question is so far not yet given.

Mike

You are referring to two different "you"'s. I was the first one who
anwsered your question, then you got pissed at me. Craig was the
second one who gave you the same answer, then you yelled at him as if
he was me, repeating what I had said.

And just so you know, the most helpful people on this list are not
nessacarily the native English speakers (Dalloz comes to mind). And
the next time that you want me to answer a question, you can go ahead
and ask in hebrew, so that you will be sure to get an answer that
satisfies you.

And me and Craig and others won't have to try so hard to understand
you. Or you can just appreciate them.

An extended version of the answer to your question: When American
lawmakers go and change their timezones, lots of non-native english
speakers write little files and put them in yum repros, so that you
can download them and update your system. And I hope you don't mind a
native Finnish speaker developing your next kernel.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/156/destiny_s_child.php
Destiny's Child Song Lyrics

Thanks, Dotan

I have given up on trying to understand/communicate with Mike McCarty.

Since I don't keep careful track of individual personalities,
I don't know how many exchanges we've had.

He gets offended and yells at anyone who is trying to help if their
answer is not the same as his.

Well, I'm sorry if I've created that impression. See my other message
where I apologized for getting overly upset.

This branch of the thread which I started by pointing out that the
timezone info data is updated whenever the data changes and the update
is pushed out to the update servers has really gotten him on a tangent.

Since he is easily offended and chooses to yell at people instead of
carrying on a reasonable conversation I choose to no longer try and
assist (although I will point out when his misinformation in some cases
is misleading and not germane to the subject).

That's your prerogative. I'm not sure I recall you attempting to assist
me.

Everyone makes errors at times but as someone on this list told me quite
some time ago.  "Reprimand in private and *praise in public* ".  He has
not learned that and chooses to reprimand in public, which does not earn
him very many friends.

Sorry if I've created that impression. It's not my intention.

Actually, I probably shouldn't have "contributed" to that thread. The
OP's question was "How do I edit these files for myself?" I didn't
know the answer.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.