Re: MRI Print server

Hi,

> > Been there already. It's possible that the network it was on had a
> > netmask of 255.255.255.128 and my netmask is 255.255.255.0. Now that
> > could be a viable reason for failure.
> >
> > TTFN
> >
> > Paul
>
> If that still doesn't do it, see manual page 107 (PDF page 113) in the
> 100/101 PDF at the above address. Tells how to set up using the MAC
> address via telnet or BOOTP.

Okay, I've done

su -
arp -s 192.168.2.110 <macaddress>

and that seems fine. However, I cannot ping to that address or telnet to
it which suggests the netmask on the printserver is incorrect. There is
activity on the TX light (it flickers every now and again), but nothing
else.

The manual has nothing on the netmask. Looking though at man route, I
should be able to something, but I'm not sure if that's the way I should
be doing things. It may also be that a password is on the printserver
which could prevent the IP address being altered.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Some people will do anything for a woman in uniform" - The Doctor -
Unregenerate (Big Finish audio)