Realtime traceroute

Does anyone know of a realtime traceroute that can be used to show anomalous routers?

I'm having an issue while gaming in which I'll see my ping to an unrelated server suddenly and momentarily spike, which tells me that some router close to me is having a short-term issue. But because it's not a continuous problem, I can't tell where it's happening.

Ideally I'd like a set of strip chart graphs showing ping times to all routers between me and a selected server, effectively a realtime traceroute that I can check when my ping shoots up.

(I'm gaming on a Windows box while leaving a ping running to a different server on my Fedora box. When I get dropped from the game server by "connection issues", I use my KVM to switch to my Fedora screen and see a momentary jump from about 100 ms to 1000 ms in ping.)

BTW, my residential router is a Linksys WRT54G running Sveasoft Satori Linux with QoS enabled. I'm not inclined to think that it's the problem. But there might be a spike in bandwidth elsewhere in my LAN that could be an issue. A measurement of packet loss at the Linksys could be useful, but I don't know how to look for that and am open to suggestions.