Re: Our (US) $s at work.

taharka wrote:
Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Two years from now, folks running older versions of RH or FC for which no glibc update was issued will have their clocks stop showing correct time for most of the year.

That's because Washington has screwed around with Daylight Savings Time, again. They don't have anything better to do inside the Beltway, apparently.

I always thought that daylight time was a joke. It's totally stupid, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I am aware of the official excuse for daylight time, but I still think it's stupid, it's dumb, and idiotic. If anyone is really serious about saving energy, they should simply change the timezone permanently.

Starting in 2007, the so-called "standard time" will actually be in effect for less than half a year. Standard time won't really be the standard most of the time. Isn't it amazing? The US is now the laughing stock of the entire world. You can almost see everyone point their fingers across the Atlantic: “Those dumb yanks, they can't even make up their mind what time of day it is, most of the time!”

Hmm.... laughing stock of the entire world but, longer lines of folks breaking their necks to get into this country legally or illegally ;-) Coming to the very country they're laughing at :-))

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Besides which, I /hope/ no one is trying to suggest that the USA is the only nation in the world that keeps different times in the summer and winter.

Temlakos