Re: SHRED for EXT3?

Michael Hennebry wrote:

With metal-trimmed dishes, one gets the pretty sparks
without the smell of burning plastic.

What about HD's?

As another noted, the best options are probably
destroying the HD or keeping it away from bad guys,
depending on whether you want to keep the HD.
I don't know whether demagnetization would
effectively destroy it.

A little more information:

I am doing contract work at home on my own computer. I have
transferred files containing trade secrets (source code)
to it. My contract states that at the end of the contract,
I must return all copies of their trade secrets, and all
equipment belonging to them, and "permanently eradicate"
all copies of their trade secrets which I possess but do
not return.

I don't want to take a hammer to my own disc, thank you.

Now, we are on very good terms, and I don't anticipate having
to take any action soon. But I would like to be prepared.

Mike