Re: Samba PDC does not work

Vidol Loeung wrote:
Dear All:

Has anyone been able to make Samba PDC work on RHEL4? It seems to have
problem. It wouldn't add the machine trust account with the 'add user
script' directive.

And when I tried the command:
# useradd -M 'testpc$'

It said "Invalid user name".

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Vidol

The version of shadow-utils supplied with RHEL 4 has a bug which doesn't allow machine accounts to be added to a Samba domain. At the time, upgrading this to shadow-utils-4.0.3-56 from the Fedora Core 3 repository fixed this for me but I assume you can use the latest shadow-utils from FC4.

Cheers

David