Re: [Fedora] Re: Did I make a mistake in starting with Fedora Core 4?

On Monday 18 July 2005 2:54 pm, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> > It's not a dumb question at all, at least not to me. I do not know how
> > to "boot with ide=nodma". How do I set that so that the boot process
> > will execute with that configuration?

>     Or, if you're starting from scratch (with an install CD/DVD in the
> drive), type 'linux ide=nodma' at the prompt.
>     Or, if you already have it installed, you'll have to go through the
> boot sequence to do that (at the splash page.)

this is one that's easy - if you don't have grub password protected, press
'a' (for append) at the splash screen - make sure your append starts with a
space, then add your option - if grub is password protected, press 'p' first
to enter your password, then 'a'.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA