Re: Drive read/write slow

It occured to me while writing in another thread that Fedora installed without delay or problem from on of the DVD drives that it now has difficulty reading. I would think this might point to the X Window system as being a likely culprit, as that's the main difference, as I understand it, between the installation process and the day to day operation. However, I also had problems playing AVI files off of DVDs using Xine. So perhaps the problem is a more general setting.

To recap: I have two internal DVD drives, one internal CD writer drive, and one external DVD writer drive. I can burn DVDs or CD-ROMs, but can not reliably read from any of them. I installed from a DVD drive, so Fedora must be able to read from the drives at some level. What possible setting could be off?

Dave