FC4: How do I install ndiswrapper?

Apparently it expects kernel sources in
/usr/src/kernels/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4-i686, but the FC4 install didn't put them
there. Checking the README file on the first install disk I discovered that
unlike my previous installation, kernel sources were no longer included. I
needed to download kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm. Looking at the man page
for rpm I guessed I needed to --install it, but that didn't seem to do
anything exciting. After some searching I discovered it had put a large
number of files into /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES. My joy was short-lived when I
found that this was not the desired kernel source code, but the source code
for a different kernel and a large number of .patch files.

How do I get to my desired kernel source from where I am? do I have to extract
the bzip2'd tarball and apply the patches one by one? in some particular
order?

cheers,
Tim