Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher

I removed ksCD from my gnome panel, however, i removed it by playing with gnome-panel files manually (cause it wasn't removable from the UI context menus), and now it looks like i can't save any KDE program in current setup when i log out, and have it come back after reboot: i get an error about klauncher failing to start. Same error happens sometimes even if no KDE programs are saved in current setup, but a KDE program is attempted to be launched from gnome, e.g. konqueror.

Thank for any tips...