Re: WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Ben Steeves wrote:

On 7/13/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IMO Mode on:

A better argument is that if Linux is ever to overtake W* as a user-friendly
OS, it had better find a way to upgrade W/O smashing all user data.

[snip]

If overtaking W* is not a goal, then whatever floats your boat is fine.

(Why would we want to overtake Windows?  That's just not going to
happen.  The expectation that Linux is designed to do so is just
ridiculous.  But again, that's not what we're here to discuss.)

I've seen it stated here, before. Are you sure that the future of Linux
distribution and the features they may have are not reasonable topics
of discussion here?

Mike