Re: simple ping; pinging 101

THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
I would like to test both arrakis eth1 and arrakis eth0
simultaneously.

Bad idea.  Limit yourself to arrakis eth1 and caladan eth0 first.

> hence the attempt to ping caladan from both arrakis
eth0 and arrakis eth1 sequentially.

absolutely, networking is an unknown for me.  I'm not trying to setup
masquerading at this point.  I'm trying to ping caladan from arrakis
eth1 and arrakis eth0.

no, I do not expect an auto-mount.  between pinging from arrakis eth0
and arrakis eth1 attempts I run "./network restart".  does the routing
need to be changed at that time as well?

If you've configured the subnets right, "service network restart" should set up the proper routing for you. Its a "feature" of the configuration. Are you using system-config-network to set up the networks?

thanks,

Thufir

--
Kevin J. Cummings