Re: simple ping; pinging 101

On 7/6/05, Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The real question here is what are you trying to do?

looking at
<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Masquerading-Simple-HOWTO/intro.html>

I've changed the IP addresses as follows:

arrakis eth0	123.12.23.43
arrakis eth1	192.168.0.1
caladan eth0	192.168.0.2

to be able connect arrakis eth0 to the hub, ping caladan, disconnect
arrakis eth0 from the hub, connect arrakis eth1 to the hub, ping
caladan, repeat..

to do do that, is a default gateway required?

I'm just taking this one very small step at a time.

thanks,

Thufir