System slowed down- again!

Well, this is the first time that I've used Gmail in lynx! Today my
FC4 system started slowing down on me, becoming unusable. I ran top,
as was suggested to me when i had the same problem on FC3, and I just
uploaded the output of 3 runs of top here: http://dotancohen.com/top I
also checked in SysGuard, you can see the screenshot here:
http://dotancohen.com/sysguard.png
I see in top that there are 4 users. Earlier in the day there were 3
users. Other than root, there is only on other user on this machine
(me- dotancohen). Also, while STFA I noticed that in my post regarding
the system slowdown in FC3, I mentioned that I had run yum clean all
prior to the onset of the problem. Well, this morning, about an hour
before the problem started, I ran yum clean all for the first time on
the FC4 installation! I should note that the FC4 installation was NOT
an upgrade. It was a clean install.
Other note. When I ALT-F6'ed to get to a terminal to reset the
machine, there was output to the screen about some problem, I think
about the disk. It went by pretty fast, but I was able to copy (on
paper) this from it: "Illegal request" "I/O error" "endrequest:I/O
error, dev hdb, sector 0" "11 messages suppresed" "illegal mose for
this track or incompatable medium". After shutting it down with the
switch, X is so solow that I ALT-F6'ed into the terminal and I am
writing this in lynx...

Dotan Cohen
http://LyricsList.com/