Re: Where is qt3 (for x86_64)?

<posted & mailed>

Michael Schwendt wrote:

>> I was trying to compile a kernel with "make xconfig"
>> on an Athlon64 machine  with FC-4 (upgraded from FC-3),
>> but it bombed out looking for libqt.
>>
>> As far as I could tell, by comparison with an i386 system,
>> this should be in a qt3 rpm.
>
> "yum install qt-devel ; . /etc/profile.d/qt.sh" to be precise.

On my x86_64 machine this reads
[tim@blanche ~]$ cat /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
# Qt initialization script (sh)
if [ -z "$QTDIR" ] ; then
        QTDIR="/usr/lib64/qt-3.3"
fi
export QTDIR
===================================

But there is no libqt.so in this directory,
though I have both the qt and qt-devel rpms installed:
===================================
[tim@blanche ~]$ grep qt /var/log/rpmpkgs
qt-3.3.4-15.1.i386.rpm
qt-3.3.4-15.1.x86_64.rpm
qt-designer-3.3.4-15.1.x86_64.rpm
qt-devel-3.3.4-15.1.x86_64.rpm
===================================

In fact there is no libqt.so anywhere on the system:
===================================
[tim@blanche ~]$ locate libqt
/usr/lib/libqthreads.so.12
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3
/usr/lib/libqtmcop.so.1
/usr/lib/libqtmcop.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libqtmcop.la
/usr/lib/libqthreads.so.12.3.0
/usr/lib64/libqtmcop.so
/usr/lib64/libqtopiakonnector.so
/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so
/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4
/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.prl
/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3
/usr/lib64/libqtmcop.so.1
/usr/lib64/libqtmcop.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib64/libqtmcop.la
/usr/lib64/libqtopiakonnector.la

Could I use libqt-mt.so in compiling the kernel?

Or is this an oversight,
that libqt.so does not seem to be included
in any of the Fedora repositories (including development/rawhide)
in the x86_64 distribution?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366