Re: 'Nuther one

From: "Matthew Miller" <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx>

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 07:23:19PM -0700, jdow wrote:
> > Not quite it would seem. It insisted upon a target CPU. I'd have rather
> > had a platform agnostic source rather than one neatly frumbled up into a
> > platform specific collection of files. Ah well, seems the world thinks
> > this is inappropriate. <grumble>
>
> This is exactly the problem, by the way -- the kernel-source rpm had this
> same issue, but you'd just never noticed. Now, you're in control of what's
> going on.

<cough> I always WAS in control. I figured out a LONG time ago that
copying the right config from the configuration repository directory,
which I seem to remember moving around somewhat, was the right place
to start. Then if I wanted to build a version for a <foobar> architecture
I could - as long as <foobar> was supported by the distribution.

{^_-}