Re: CD drive fails to show contents -- How to solve it? -- Clarification

Benjamin Sher wrote:
Dear friends:

I did install my Scientific Linux system from data CD's, using my CD/CDWriter drive (hdc). But now it turns out that I cannot transfer any of my data files from a data CD to my computer using my CD/CDWriter drive. I can only do it using my DVD drive, whose contents show up correctly in File Manager.

Thank you.

Benjamin

What make and models of drives, please? This could help resolve the issue quicker.

I can only agree that the drive cannot support the media. Note, there is an issue with CD-RW's that I only learned about a few weeks ago and being able to be written/read in certain drives and this has to do with the speed of the drive.

For the cost of CD's, it isn't work the cost of CD-RW's anymore, except for test burns.

--
Robin Laing