Re: Internet slow starting speed

Jacques-Andre Boulay writes:

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem when using my web browser (firefox, opera or
konqueror) or my mail client (evolution): the internet initiating
process is very slow.  For example, each time I enter a new url in
firefox, its take a lot of time (7-8 sec) to load the new webpage.  On
the other side, when I'm downloading a big file with it, the download
speed is normal (in comparaison with windows xp) after the completion of
the initiating process is done.

Somebody have an idea of what I could do to solve this problem?  I know
that rebuilding the kernel should help but is there other ways to solve
it?

You probably have problems with DNS resolution.

Check your /etc/resolv.conf and verify the correct IP addresses of your DNS servers.