Re: [FC3] kernel panic after selinux-policy-targeted update

Hi,

> > sudo yum --oldpackage -Uhv selinux-policy-targeted<version>
>
> Thanks, Paul. I assume you meant "rpm" there, not "yum".

Yes :-)

> But won't I have a problem if I re-install selinux with selinux
> switched off? I mean, won't the files get created without the
> selinux extra attributes on them? How do I get selinux to reset the
> permissions when I reboot with selinux back on?

You're system will boot up using the old selinux, everything *should* work.
The only difference is that anything new will get the "old" tags on it. When
you then update to the unborked version, that should relabel for you (failing
that /sbin/fixfiles will do the job). It's a painless process tbh.

> Plus, was I the only one who had this problem? No one else seems to
> have had a problem so I assume the updated package wasn't simply borked.

It's hard to know. However as switching off selinux fixes the problem, it's
not a massive jump to say that selinux was the problem in the first place -
you could just have a corrupt download somewhere.

TTFN

Paul