Re: Yum repros wanted

Adam Gibson wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 18:03 -0400, Adam Gibson wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

Many of the packages in Extras started life as SRPMs from other repos such as Dag's and Axel's. It would be great if Dag & Axel would submit their own packages for inclusion in Extras too.

I hope dag does not push his stuff into Extras. According to what I have read on the Fedora Legacy list, Extras will not be updated by fedora-legacy when Fedora EOL's it so once that happens Extras will become stagnant and not even get security fixes.

There's nothing stopping any package maintainer supporting EOLed distributions in Extras; however, it's anticipated that not all maintainers will be sufficiently motivated to do so, and it's not *required* that they do.

I know this has gone off topic a bit but thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that Extras would still accept updates to packages after Fedora EOLs a distribution.

Well, let's give Extras the benefit of doubt. They've only been known as "extras" since FC3, and they maintain separate directory structures for both FC3 and FC4 RPM's. The real test will come when FC5 Test 1 or 2 comes out and FC3 goes Legacy. /Then/ we can watch and see what extras does with its FC3 directories.

Temlakos