Re: Mail Server Help

Ahmed Abdel-Aliem wrote:
i like to be able to send emails from my computer directly, i used to
do this in windows using "free smtp" program, but i don't know how to
do it in linux

FC4 installs "sendmail" by default, in a configuration that will work for you. All you have to do is configure your email client to use "localhost" as the email server.

However, I don't recommend that you do that. More and more sites are blocking email from "dial-up" lines (including DSL and cable connected hosts) as nearly all of the mail that comes directly from them is spam sent out by hacked Windows machines. You're better off using your ISP's email server.