Re: Qt app crash on FC3/4 when LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

At 7:15 PM +0200 6/26/05, Hans Müller wrote:

>so i have used ddd. But in ddd then app always work.:(
>So i have read again line for line and found the error.:)
>I have try'ed to access an pointer with was not init on some conditions.
>But why will the app not crash in ddd????

Luck, in this case bad luck.  What happens when you access memory though an
uninitialized pointer depends on what value the pointer gets.  You may find
that running the (buggy) program under ddd several times produces differing
results.

gcc's -Wall command line option may help find uninitialized pointers.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

make clean
make CFLAGS=-Wall

will recompile everything with more warnings.  For even more warnings:

make CFLAGS="-Wall -Wextra"