Re: Getting a WG511V2 to work on a Presario 1275 running FEDORA

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:11, Steven Swedenburg wrote:
> I am a newbie, how do I get the drivers loaded to use a netgear WG511V2 card
> in my Compaq Presario1275 running Fedora.
> The Fedora is beautiful with one exception the sleep mode is inoperative.
> Any ideas.
> Swed.

You need to check the chipset that your card has.  There appears to be
at least two chip sets used depending on if your WG511V2 was built in
China or Taiwan.

The one I have uses a marvel chip set.  I have it up and running using
driverloader.  It took 5 to 10 minutes to get the card up and running
using driverloader.  Well worth it IMHO.

I don't use sleep mode on the laptop so I can not help you with that
other than to tell you to read up on ACPI.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

You too can wear a nose mitten.