Re: Yum repros wanted

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:58:49 -0500, John Bray wrote:

> > > The Dag repo is always
> > > updated to the latest and greatest versions of packages even for very
> > > old distros.
> >
> > If that is so easy, he could do the same in Extras too, couldn't he?
> >

> yup.  michael's way or the highway.  same old crap.  while he tears at
> the fabric that holds fedora together.

The only crap here in this thread has been coming from you so far,
unfortunately.

You really love to insult people and start flame wars. But unlike in Nov
2004, this time I won't unsubscribe because of your insults.

If you don't understand the background on why Fedora Legacy discussed
taking over Fedora Extras for legacy distributions, I suggest you ask,
so it can be explained to you why they did.

> so michael, you want to post some rules on how we should all live our
> lives.  what time should we turn on our computers.  can you tell me how
> you define that i must name my computer?

Get back to a serious level of discussion or shut up!

I really don't understand where your personal attitude problems come from
and how you make up all this crap. Parts of the community enjoy the
freedom of choosing between multiple repositories, but contrary to you,
they don't fight over it. You feel like you need to step in front of Dag
Wieers as soon as his name comes up, blindly ignoring what is written and
just calling names or shouting idiotic things.

> explain all the rules that all the rest of us must live by.

??

> tell us who else we should shun.  are there more people on your list of
> people you hate?

This question alone explains well your way of thinking. It is beyond
me who ever talked about "hate". How do you make up all this?

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4