Re: How can I use CD Player? [SECOND (better) question]

--- James Bridge <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 14:18 -0600, Robin Laing
> wrote:
> > Hoffmann wrote:
> > > --- Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> this
> there
> other
> only

> > > Hi Robin,

> THE
> > > ORIGINAL STANDARD CD I just bought at
> Amazon.com.
> > > Do you have any hint? I am really anxious to
> listen my
> > > CDs on Fedora.
> > > Thanks!
> > > Hoffmann
> > >

> > When you say Original Standard CD, are you talking
> about the standard
> > or the title of the CD?  What is the CD title?
> >
> > Looking at the standards, there are multiple
> standards and that can
> > make a difference.  A CD that is a standard CD may
> not play as a
> > normal CD and still have copy protection.  This is
> looking more and
> > more to be the case.  Some copy protection may not
> be indicated on the
> > CD in any way.
> >
> > Have you tried a different player as suggested?
> How about playing
> > other CD's?  If you are talking about a new CD, I
> would be tempted to
> > think that there is a good chance to have copy
> protection.  Now there
> > is some CD being manufactured that will work well
> in WMP but you are
> > toast if you try any other computer OS.  I have
> come across this on
> > one CD that I purchased.  I could not play it on
> my computer or my old
> > CD player.  I returned the CD and downloaded the
> music from the net.
> > Try an old CD and work with that first.
> >
> > I would do a further test but I don't have audio
> CD's handy and work
> > is almost over.
> >
> > --
> > Robin Laing
> >
> I play all my music cds through the computer, since
> my cd player broke.
> All work fine with FC3 and 4.
> But I recall that when first trying to play them, on
> FC3, I got no
> sound. It turned out to be due simply to the wrong
> setting on the volume
> control (Applications > Sound and Video). At that
> time gnome had a
> default setting of silent and reset this on every
> reboot. Now works
> properly, though.
> --
> James Bridge <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> --

Hi All:

Well, I just realized that I will no longer try to
listen to my CDs 'streight' from the CD drive.  It
seems like the best option will be to play all my
music CDs through the computer. I can do that with NO
problemwith FC4!
In my opinion multimedia is still a 'problem' on
linux.
Thanks to all of you that have replied to my
questions.
Hoffmann

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com