Re: media check fail

This is a very common problem.
First of all U should get sha1sum of ur download correct.
Second to get a mediacheck PASS cd there is something related to
cd-burning by name 'padding' parameter. If u know this fine else do as
I got around this problem -

Do not burn first cd on a CD-R but do it on a CD-RW. bcoz fedora was
not up and running and the roaster brand on linux refused to accept
the CDRW brand!! Anyway I got CD-RW burned in WinXP. Maybe CD-RW
burning rule book does not encounter this padding issue (I guess).

After I got fedora up and running I compared FC4's CD1 contents on
CD-R (mediacheck Failed) and CD-RW (passed) by calculating sha1sum of
every individual file an bith CD's. Voila it was dot same.
Even the sha1sum for the two files, storing redirected output of
sha1sum calculation of all file on inidvidual CD's was same.

For remaining 4 CD I did work with media check fail on CD2n3 pass on 4
BUT all sha1sum were OK for the downloaded isoimages.
Enjoy.