Re: media check fail

FC4 User wrote:
On Thursday 23 June 2005 14:45, Aristos Vasiliou wrote:

I'm new to fedora core, though I have used redhat a few years back.

I have downloaded the first iso image of fedora core 4 four times until
today, burned the cd's, and every time I run the media check, I get a big
"FAIL" <snip>

You might also try issuing the 'cdrecord' command with the options '-dao -pad', like so:
cdrecord -dao -pad -v speed=whatever dev=whichever image-file.iso

Supposedly, this will prevent the media check error.

I doubt that very much, other information suggest that the media check failure is because of incorrect dma settings on the cd reader device.

Padding will cause the sha1sum test of the burnt iso to fail unless you specify the correct sector count to readcd.

Bob