Re: my FC4 freezes in an unpredictable way

On 6/20/05, BB Cao <pearlsmm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I just updated from FC3 to FC4 last week. I like FC
> very much! But one thing is pretty annoying after the
> updation, my FC4 just freezes now and then. My
> observation is that, if I don't use keyboard or mouse
> longer than 1-2 hours, it freezes probably 60% of all
> the times. The screensaver was already disabled. Any
> suggestion of how to get rid of it? Thank you very
> much!

I can't help you much here, but have you checked for messages in the
files in /var/log? That's a good place to start digging.

> BTW: After updation, I don't have "snapshot" function
> any more, I mean, it doesn't appear on my menu, how
> can I get it installed?

Probably what you want is

yum install kdegraphics

the kdegraphics package includes ksnapshot, the KDE screen capture
application. Even if you're using gnome, the kde apps will work, and
yum will handle installing all the necessary KDE libraries for you.
And ksnapshot is better than gnome's screen capture tool.